In planning for and conducting weddings, the biblical teaching of the church should be observed:
- It is the “House of the Lord” (Psalm 135.2);
- It is the “House of Prayer” (Luke 19:45);
- It is the “House of Worship” (Jeremiah 26:2).
The nature of the services should be kept consistent with the purpose of the Lord’s house.
- The attire shall be becoming and appropriate for a church service.
- The furniture may not be moved without the caretaker’s permission. (Check with pastor if caretaker is not available).
- The church instruments are to be played by musicians only, not tampered with by children.
- Set-up is to be arranged with custodial staff.
- Children are not permitted to run uncontrolled or make undue noise in the church building.
- NO SMOKING is permitted in the church OR on its immediate premises.
- Proper care should be taken of the kitchen facilities and equipment. You are responsible for supplying your own containers for leftovers.
- It is requested that no alcoholic beverages be served.
- Applicants must read the EMMC Statement of Faith and Facility Use Policy and must agree to abide by them.
- The rental application must be approved by the Winkler EMM Church before confirmation of the rental will be given.
- All couples wishing to make arrangements for rentals are required to call the church office secretary at 325-7667.
- Seating in Sanctuary – 1,000
- Seating in the Fellowship Hall with stage area:
360 (45 tables with 8 per table)
405 (45 tables with 9 per table)
If you are serving buffet style, there will be less seating.
- The fellowship hall only may be used for food service.
- Rental is on a first come, first served basis.
Jake Thiessen (325-9128 or 361-6803)